Week 1: Most frequently traveled places during the holidays
1) I would look up the top visited places in theUS for the holidays on-line
2) I would ask around school and town where do they travel for the holidays
3) I would look at traffic reports on highways that lead into major cities and see what has the highest during a certain time of year
4) I would look dates where college students have winter break to see if there a spike in traffic report
5) I would do a separate list for college students, because of course the most visited would be home towns
6) After compiling information I would pick the top ten visited destinations in general and top five for college students
Winter slopes ofAspenhave a spike this year with it being the number 1 visited place inU.S.for the holidays
Week 2: What are they planning now: Olympic Athletes
1) Do a search on the web for any interviews given from athletes
2) You-tube search for any interviews
3) Article/ magazine search for any interviews given during Olympics where athletes discussed future plans
4) Write up the profile of Athletes dividing them in different categories based on Olympic events
Olympian Michael Phelps, who won gold for theU.S.in the 200-meter swim, is pondering a life of golf and traveling around the world.
Week 3: New musical groups that came out in 2012
1) Look up musical groups on web
2) Youtube search 2012 new musical groups
3) Youtube mostly frequently watched videos, searching for music videos
4) Search contemporary music magazines like Rolling Stones for any articles on new music groups
5) Look up concert dates and tours for performers of any artist missed
New pop group One Direction burst on to the scene in January 2012.
Week 4: A Disney park actress employment story: How is it like to work at aDisneyPark?
1) Compile list of questions to ask employees
2) Look up employees of local Disney parks
3) Call the actual park headquarters to ask if I can set up interview
4) Travel to actual parks and ask to interview actors later on or then
Orlando Disney park employee Sydney Mullen, who plays as Cinderella began working for the park after a friend recommended it.
Week 5: RV owners that travel and their travel plans and prior places visited
1) Look up information of people who are listed in RV shows
2) Go to RV dealers and ask for names of people sold to
3) Ask around town to see who owns an RV locally
4) Go to local DMV’s and ask how many RV licenses given out in the year to try to track down an RV owner
5) Call out to other DMV’s and see how many people or registered
6) Compile questions for RV owners
Stanley and Ainslie Jones fromElizabeth CityNorth Carolinaretired from their city and principal positions to travel around the country in their RV.
Week 6: An update on how many guns sold inAmericaand what state has the highest
1) Look up gun sales data from polls taken on an on-line poll
2) Look up gun laws in different states to compare whose the most lenient
3) Check NRA magazines to get additional information about gun control and statistics
15,000 guns are sold in a year in the U.S. Georgia isn’t just known for its peaches, having the highest gun sale rate in the country.
Week 7: Caffeine addictions are they a problem on college campuses
1) Compose questions for interview
2) Interview at least a thousand students
3) Look up caffeine amount in drinks popularly sold, energy drinks, star bucks drinks, or any caffeinated beverage
4) Go to student health science building to see if any study has been done or anything has come up about it
5) Go to Counseling and testing and see if they ran across the situation or what surveys for incoming freshman reported
Many students use caffeine products to keep them a wake during growling days, late night papers, and study sessions. At least 50% of 1,000 people interviewed said that they use caffeine products four times a day. Over 450 mgs of caffeine a day.
Week 8: Ketamin “Special K” club drug used for curing depression
1) Look up the affects of Ketamin on humans
2) Look up any study that is being done on depression
3) Track down a Ketamin user and ask about depression and severity
A study recently done on depressions shows that the club drug “Special K” can now be used as a method to cure sever depression.
Week 9: A profile on comedians from outside of the country
1) Search face book for comedians not inAmerica
2) Google search comedians not from theUS
3) Compile questions for interview
4) Track down comedians and ask them questions
Comedian Dawn Owens fromAustraliasaid she always wanted to see the Big Apple.
Week 10: foreigners migrate toCaliforniafor medical marijuana harvesting jobs
1) Look up the migration rate inCalifornia in respect to foreigners
2) Try to get in contact with police department inCalifornia and ask how many arrest they’ve made in regards to this
3) Look up certain areas inCalifornia that have ideal growing weather and soil for Cannabis
4) Look up any news story that talks about drug boost or foreign migration for statistics
Over a 100 foreigners are arrested for illegal harvesting jobs inSanta AnaCaliforniafrom 2011 to 2012.